Information We Collect
We collect the following minimal amount of user information necessary for enhancing your browsing experience and facilitating event interactions:
- User's Name: We use your name to personalize your interactions with Line21 services.
- User's Email Address: Your email address enables us to communicate important updates and allows you to invite others to Line21 events.
- Transcript of Line21 Event: By default, Line21 does not retain transcript data. However, for users who explicitly choose this option when scheduling an event, transcript data will be securely stored.
Data Usage and Monitoring
Discussions and activities conducted through Line21 events may be monitored as deemed necessary by Line21. This helps us maintain the quality and security of our services.
Line21 is committed to not disclosing user communication contents unless required by law or under circumstances where such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with Legal Process: We may release information if required to abide by legal procedures or comply with law enforcement requests served on Line21.
- Protect Our Rights: We may disclose information to protect and defend the rights and property of Line21 or to uphold the terms of a subscriber's agreement.
- Ensure Safety: We may release information to ensure the personal safety of Line21 participants.
Data Analysis and Retention
Line21 does not engage in data analysis for third-party sale purposes. We also do not perform any form of data analysis on retained data. Data retained is solely for the benefit of Line21 account holders and their event-related needs.
You have the option to control your data by selecting whether transcript data is retained for your events. This choice underscores our commitment to providing you with tailored control over your data.
Your trust is valuable to us, and we are committed to ensuring your privacy while delivering an exceptional user experience at Line21.
Right to Access, Change, or Delete Personal Data
- Right to Access. Individual Customers have the right to know what Personal Data about them is included in the databases and to ensure that such Personal Data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which Line21 collected it. Individual Customers may review their own Personal Data stored in the databases and correct, erase, or block any data that is incorrect, as permitted by applicable law and Line21 policies. Upon reasonable request , Line21 allows Individual Customers access to their Personal Data, in order to correct or amend such data where inaccurate. Individual Customers may edit their Personal Data by logging into their account profile or by contacting Line21 by phone or email. In making modifications to their Personal Data, Data Subjects must provide only truthful, complete, and accurate information. To request erasure of Personal Data, Individual Customers should submit a written request to the Line21 office.
- Requests for Personal Data. Line21 will track each of the following and will provide notice to the appropriate parties under law and contract when either of the following circumstances arise: (a) legally binding request for disclosure of the Personal Data by a law enforcement authority unless prohibited by law or regulation; or (b) requests received from the Data Subject. If Line21 receives a request for access to his/her Personal Data from an Individual Customer, then, unless otherwise required under law or by contract with such Individual Customer, Line21 will refer such Data Subject to the Individual Customer.
- Satisfying Requests for Access, Modifications, and Corrections. Line21 will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all reasonable written requests to view, modify, or inactivate Personal Data following an official request to do so.
Your Data Requests and Rights
We are committed to addressing requests from individuals seeking to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with relevant data protection laws. In order to safeguard your privacy and security, we may need to verify your identity through reasonable measures before responding to your request.
To initiate any of these rights, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find that your concern remains unresolved, you have the option to contact the data protection authority of your country.
You might also possess the right to file a complaint with the appropriate Supervisory Authority under GDPR regulations. A comprehensive list of Supervisory Authorities can be accessed at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Should you require further assistance regarding your rights, kindly get in touch with us at email@example.com. We will diligently consider your request in alignment with applicable laws. It's important to note that in certain instances, our capacity to honor these rights may be contingent upon our obligations to process personal data for purposes such as security, safety, fraud prevention, regulatory compliance, legal obligations, or the provision of requested services. In such cases, we will furnish you with pertinent details relevant to your request.
Data Transfers to the United States
The Line21 platform may process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may store and access your personal information in the U.S. The U.S. may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as enjoyed in your home jurisdiction.
It may occur that a third-party based in the EU, such as your employer, may need to transfer personal information to us for the purpose of verifying your participation in a class. In such instances, whenever your personal data is transferred to countries outside of the EAA, UK or Switzerland, we will ensure that at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- The country is one that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data;
- The transfer is subject to a specific derogation in the GDPR or national laws;
- Through the use the standard contractual clauses as the transfer mechanism when a case-by-case analysis has been performed; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data substantially similar protection as in the UE, EEA or UK.
How you can access, update or delete your data.
Ensuring the accuracy and currency of the information we have about you is crucial. If your personal information undergoes any changes or if you wish to opt-out of email communications, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. You can drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to assist you at any time.